NEW ONLINE RADIO & SOUND COURSE
(STARTS: 03rd July 2017)
GK Media have teamed up again with Galway Bay FM and GTI to bring you an exclusive Online Radio & Sound Production Course. This part-time course is designed for those who have an interest or want to pursue a career in radio, but are not in a position to commit to a daytime course. The majority of modules are delivered online through blended learning, allowing participants to engage with the course during their own time each week. This fully certified QQI Level 5 award gives participants the opportunity to pursue third-level studies in this area or if they want to start a career in radio now, this course also offers work placement on Galway Bay FM’s new online radio station. Places are limited. Early booking is recommended.
Course Co-ordinator, Garry Kelly, has been working in the radio industry since 2007 and is fully registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland in Radio & Sound Production.
- Radio Programme Production - (5N1379)
- Sound Engineering and Production - (5N1900)
- Media Analysis - (5N1298)
- Communications - (5N0690)
- Event Production - (5N1374 )
- Research Skills for Journalism - (5N2443)
- Music Industry Studies - (5N1458 )
- Work Experience - (5N1356 )
Work Experience with Galway Bay FM and GK Media takes places after the summer in different areas of radio and sound production.
· Work Placement on Galway Bay FM’s new online radio station
· Work Experience with Galway Bay FM and GK Media
· Only available online to registered members
· Use of latest recording equipment and software
QQI Level 4, minimum of 17 years of age at time of registration, Leaving Certificate/Leaving Certificate Applied, Equivalent qualifications from other countries, relevant life experiences, relevant work experiences and mature students.
Third Level Education (Opportunities)
· TL191 Bachelor of Arts in TV, Radio and Broadcasting Media
· LM039 Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and New Media
· DB578 Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Media
· LM114 Bachelor of Science in Music, Media and Performance
· LC270 Bachelor of Science in Music Tech and Production
· DK860 Bachelor of Arts in Applied Music
· TL803 Bachelor of Arts in Music Technology
· MH102 Bachelor of Arts in Music Technology
There will be 4 hours of tutorials/online material provided each week, with participants expected to allocate extra time themselves to develop a portfolio and complete assignments.
Term 1 (July - December)
Radio Programme Production | Research Skills for Journalism | Communications | Music Industry Studies
Term 2 (January – May)
Sound Engineering and Production | Media Analysis | Event Production | Work Experience
Certification Awarded in June 2018
On-Site (8 days)
- Monday 27th May - Induction Evening at GTI (7pm - 8pm).
- July - Training Day and Tour at Galway Bay FM.
- August - Record Radio Shows at Galway Bay FM.
- November - Exams at GTI.
- January - Advanced Training at Galway Bay FM.
- March - Record Radio Shows at Galway Bay FM.
- April - Record Radio Shows at Galway Bay FM.
- May - Exams at GTI.
*Participants will be encouraged to meet with the course co-ordinator every few weeks for evaluation and support.
There will be a BREAK between term 1 and term 2.
03rd July 2017 (Registered students will be emailed a link & password to begin the online course at 7pm)